CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Service Learning;Independent Hours(15 hr.)

Another year at con high and once again another year for service learning.Now many know what service learning is and many don't well for the ones who don't it's just like community service it's volunteering to help around the community.Well this year and same as last we had to do independence hours and this year goal was to get fifth teen hours of service learning.I was fear that I wouldn't get any done so I planned mines and I started to do them in April.In this essay I will discussed all the things I did to get my hours done.
Daycare is one of my resources which I completed seven hours total with volunteering one day I would watch the kids and sit in the playroom which means when every teacher brought they kids down they would go on a break and they would be left with me that was cool I got to play some of the games with the kids also it was really building me up for my responsibility which I will have someday and I think it was cool overall I really enjoy myself.One another day I would help prepare some of the food such as cereal for breakfast and peanut-butter and jelly for lunch it was so cute every time I would walk in and give them something to eat even it was breakfast or lunch and they would say thunk you but they really mean to say thank you and I would laugh every time they was so cute.Finally on my last day the kids didn't want me to leave they ask if I can stay but really I couldn't because I wasn't old enough to work there but if I could I would have went back when I came out the last day I really wanted to go back because I got so attached to the kids that I really started to miss them as if they was really mines but next year they will see me again.
My second resource was my neighborhood car washing I thought that this was okay I really didn't like it as much as the daycare but it was okay.Most of the time I was even washing the car or drying the car off I really hated drying the car because at some time they wet the car too much and it take forever to wipe it and for me to get it in a way so it wouldn't look smeared.I really didn't like this one because some of the customers would get smart and try not to pay or they would even try to cheat me out of the money at one time I really wanted to just stop I felt like I wasn't getting paid for it so why be here but I winded up staying and getting my hours done.Overall it was pretty good I don't consider doing it again next year because it 's too disorganized and also it's never a break you stay working 24/7 and I'm the type of person who need a break or I won't do nothing right so next year I really don't want to do car wash it looks fun but it's really not all that fun.
Finally my third and last resources was babysitting and cleaning up old houses.Out of all the things I did I would say these two was the worst first lets talk about the babysitting thing first I was told I was watching twins then when I got to the house it was like five kids there I said excuse me but I thought I was only watching two she said ow no it's five I was ready to walk out but I didn't knowing that I should have.These kids was so messy and bad they draw all on the wall put sticker all over my face and they played all in water that winded up all over me they were outrageous they act as if they had no home training and I was really wishing they would go to sleep.When they mother finally came back I was happy and ready to go home and go to sleep myself because I was worn out.On the other hand we have cleaning the houses all I can say is "NASTY" bugs was on me I kept itching and it stinked so bad I was about to throw up I would never do this again ever in my life.I might do babysitting next year but definitely not the same kids diff rent kids.
Now that I talked about all the things I did which was daycare volunteering,babysitting,cleaning up old houses,and the car wash.Tell me what you think and tell if you do things to help the community out.

0 comments: