CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Of Mice And Men:Motif Essay

Have you ever been in the predicament where you felt so lonely and needed some companionship but didn't know where to find it.In the book of mice and men there are a few characters that feeling and is lonely and looking for companionship.In this book these characters not only felt lonely but they felt miserable.In this essay I will talk about a few characters in the book of mice and men and also talk about why I feel they was lonely.
First lets talk about candy a man who was the sweetest one through out the whole movie/book.I think candy was the main one that felt lonely and miserable now candy wasn't always like that he had a dog that was more like a friend to him then a human.When candy dog was killed I thought it was very sad because then candy became really lonely and miserable because he had that dog for a long time and he grew very close to that dog and I feel as if he should have kept the dog and let it go on its own at least he wouldn't have felt bad and regret it after.
Next lets talk about crooks,crooks to me is a type of person who was forced to be lonely he couldn't sleep with the other guys he slept in a dirty barn with horses which probably stink.Crooks could only be around the men when they wanted to play a game which I felt was totally unfair because if you going to be someone friend be they friend don't just be they friend for one reason that's not right at all.Crooks seen like a person who just wanted to be a friend so bad like when Lennie came to the barn because all the men was leaving out of town so he walked in the barn where crooks was at and crooks at first was being a little mean but then he got the feeling of talking to a person and he was happy.George came into the room and told Lennie he had no business in there crooks said he was okay so I think that was the only time I think he wasn't feeling so miserable and lonely other than that he was a very lonely and miserable man.
Now that I talked about the characters who I think was lonely and needed companionship which is Candy and Crooks.I think you should be the one who judge what do you think?Do you think someone else in the story was more lonely than the people I choose?Tell me what you think?

0 comments: