CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

My Feeling So Far On Service Learning

Every year for service learning kids in constitution high school come up with ideas to do for service learning. As me being a fellow student of constitution high school I volunteered my service for the two years that I been here. The first year my freshman year I signed up for a group that was already made which was the elementary school tutoring which was pretty good for our first year. This year for service learning me and three other friends had an idea in mind then we made it as a school-wide service learning group which I think is doing good two. In this essay I will talk about what was successful, what challenges or problems did I encounter, what have I learned so far, what needs to be worked on for the coming weeks, and what should be changed for next year.
First I am going to talk about what was our success would first like to say that we are doing very well from the way it was before. We started we was not agreeing on anything and it was very disorderly. I think that we have been a success ever since the first meeting, which we just talked about the basic. I think that the part that we play in our group is a success because everyone in the group is very consistence and want to do what they have to do to give back and make the community a better place. I think that our group is very successful at communicating with C.H.O.P, which is one of the places we are going to be going. The last thing that I think is successful is our togetherness I know people probably say well that does not matter but in order to get things done you have to be comfortable. I think that we all get together good and we all striving to make one thing come true and that giving back.
The challenges and problems that we encountered, I would say that every time when you do plan some thing it is always a problem if it’s not one thing it is another. When we first picked the group it was a little problem with not doing it as a service learning school-wide thing but doing it as a club which we all came to an agreement of just doing it as a school-wide and then next year trying to get it as a club. I would say another reason is we might not have time to do both C.H.O.P and the homeless shelter, which our group wants to do both so that we can help out two places that really need help. I think one of them are going to get cut short based on the time we have and I ‘m guessing it’s going to be the homeless shelter because we is working on C.H.O.P first then we going to jump right into the homeless shelter I hope we can get both of them done because both of them can really benefit.
I think for the coming week we should get more organize on what how we is going to distributed it such as if we is going to hand it out there or just send it over, I also feel as if we should already be passing out flyer's and starting a drive so that we can get one over with so we can have time for the next. Other than that I think we should cover that for the coming weeks so we won’t be doing last minute things and be rushing than it will look like we doing last minute work which it shouldn't’t be because the way we is going now I think we are well prepared but I think in the coming week we should prepare for the drive that we is going to do and start making flyer's to let people know.Next year for this service learning group I think it should start sooner so that you can get as many groups as you want done also I would say to get to work ahead of time done wait to the last minute.

0 comments: