CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Of Mice and Men:Theme Essay

In America everyone has a dream some dream big and some dream small.So someone came up with the idea of calling it the American dream.What is the American?Who knows some people thinks money is the American dream and some think otherwise.In the book of mice and men all the characters are striving for one thing a thing called the American dream.In this essay I will talk about the two important dreams that I think was accomplished through the story and the one I thought was the least accomplish in the story.
First lets talk about the one that everyone thinks is a dream and that's fortune.None of the characters in the book was even close to fortune but the boss and of course his son because if he's rich his son is rich.The boss had the fortune he had people working for him so all he had to do was sit back and do nothing but collect money and handle or do something from time to time.Now on the other hand the others had nothing they worked just for a living and to just say that they had money they were provided with a place to stay and food but I wouldn't say they were that fortunate compared to they boss which he had the fortune.
Secondly,Family the most important thing to you and some say the only thing you can rely on is family.Now don't get me wrong some people are just blessed with an wonderful family who comfort them and look out for them the way they should but then you have some people who doesn't get along with they family at all.In this book none of these characters had family they can rely on they only had people who they thought was family.Three characters in the story really grew into a great bond and the characters was Lennie,George,and Candy.When candy dog was killed they kind of felt sorry for candy and candy wanted to leave bad so he ask if he can come and he would put all his money in so they let him.I think that these three were the closest that they would ever get to family and I thought that was really great what they did and I feel as if they all needed someone to lean on for all the things they been through.
Now that I expressed what I thought was accomplished in the book which is family and the one I taught was least accomplish which was fortune.I want you to tell me about yourself do fortune over ride family in your life or is it the same as the book.

0 comments: